Author and editor Margot Starbuck reviews your book manuscript and offers valuable feedback to help you meet your publishing goals. Her review is akin to a "developmental" or "substantive" edit, with practical suggestions to help you succeed.
Here's what you can expect:
- An overview, with Margot's big picture observations about the project
- Comments throughout your manuscript, signaling what is working well and what can be strengthened
- Instructions to implement the suggested changes
Is a Nonfiction Manuscript Evaluation for you?
1. If you're seeking a traditional publisher, you only need to submit 2-3 chapters to an agent or publisher. So this service may not be what you need. (Note: Review of sample chapters is included when you purchase a Nonfiction Book Proposal Evaluation.)
2. If you're self-publishing, and committed to excellence, then a Nonfiction Manuscript Evaluation is what you need to make your book as strong as it can be.
Caution: Make sure you have enough energy left to implement changes after this eval! If you're exhausted, and ready to send your manuscript to the printer YESTERDAY, this service may not be for you. Margot will offer advice to improve even the strongest manuscripts, so make the most of your investment by reserving time and energy to invest in edits when you receive Margot's feedback.